Emergency Assistance while Traveling on University Business
Notre Dame Police Department (574) 631-5555
When calling for assistance, please provide:
- Your name
- Return contact information
- Country (if applicable) and UND organization hosting your travel
- Name(s) of persons involved in the emergency
- Description of emergency
- Actions taken
- Assistance needed
International Travelers may also contact:
GeoBlue contact (if enrolled in the GeoBlue Program):
(800) 257-4823 or Global (610) 254-8771
As specified in the Undergraduate Travel Policy , all undergraduate students traveling abroad on University-sponsored travel programs are required to:
- Register with Notre Dame International Travel Registry.
- Enroll in the international health and evacuation insurance plan through GeoBlue.
- Notre Dame-sponsored travel is an international travel activity that:
- Is funded in any part by the University of Notre Dame;
- Receives academic credit from the University of Notre Dame; or is done under the auspices of Notre Dame in which the traveler represents the University.
Travel Medical and Evacuation Insurance is provided for students traveling abroad on a University sponsored program and enrolled in the plan.
Benefits include (subject to limitations and exclusions):
- Primary medical treatment/care
- Accidental death & dismemberment
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Security evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Prescription drug benefits
- Mental health treatment/care
Travel Assistance Services
Assistance Services are offered through GeoBlue by calling the provided toll free number (800) 257-4823 or international collect (610) 254-8771. As the name implies, these are services provided by the insurance company to their clients. However, any cost arising from the subsequent provision of a third party service or product is not covered by the insurance. For example, if your passport is stolen, you may call for assistance and the provider will advise how to replace it; the cost of replacing the document is not covered by the insurance.
The cost of subsequent third party services for medical care and cases requiring emergency medical evacuation, security evacuation, or repatriation of remains is covered by the insurance policy. However, the insurance company must be notified and pre-approve all care and transport.
GeoBlue also provides web-based medical, safety and security resources. Once a student is enrolled, resources may be accessed: GeoBlue.
Questions regarding the GeoBlue Insurance Program should be directed to Insurance and Financial Risk Management: firstname.lastname@example.org